And you asked me, "What do you want me to do?" And I tell you, "Ask me to stay. Tell me you love me." But you didn't.
It's funny how everything can change in a span of six months. It's a given how we're wavering through uncharted territories, but I never, not for once, thought you'd let me swim through it alone - more or less drown by myself and not save me. It's amusing how I once thought I'd be the anchor that would keep you afloat from your passion, and for the record, I was - or at least I know for a fact that I gave it my all. After all, you were everything to me, and I thought that maybe, if I give you all my love, then you would do the same. You were never the one to leave me hanging, but things change. And it's stupid of me to assume that you would never.
It wasn't enough. It never was. In the end, there were no tears, no harsh and empty words. There was just us - back from the very beginning. You and me as strangers from an arms length with distance hopes for each other that things will turn out for the very best.
But really, who am I to stop you?
No comments:
Post a Comment