Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Big Fat Twenty

(Warning: This may be a photo heavy post)

You don't have any idea how horrifying it is to realize that in a few years, I would be paying the bills on my birthday celebrations. The horror!! I realized this yesterday, right when the waitresses of Midas Cafe sang me a very joyous rendition of the birthday song. I was internally cringing, not because I didn't appreciate it cause I did. I really did! They even gave me the yummiest cheesecake that wasn't a part of their buffet line up. Back to the topic, I was internally cringing because of the attention. Imagine the hotel being cozy - what with the quiet ambiance and all.. Politicians were having their coffee meetings, and some other private people were enjoying their 'relax' time, when all of a sudden, this loud music overwhelmed the floor and the waitresses cramped up to our table!! Shock would be an under-statement. I avoided restaurant places for a reason. Horrifying, but nevertheless, it warmed my heart. A girl only turns 20 once, right?

Moving on, just like what I have mentioned earlier, In a few years.. I'll be shouldering my own birthday expenses!!!!! Cue exclamations!!!! The horror! I can't possibly be dependent on my parents for my entire life. I have to start somewhere. So with this entry comes the things I have to achieve or I would love to be by the time I'm done with this decade.
  1. To graduate as an Entrepreneurial student as soon as possible in DLSU.
  2. To finish Law and pass the Bar exam.
  3. To roam around the world with my family, and to go to different places with Alba and my girls like planned.
  4. To take Masters abroad (Maybe yes, maybe no. No promises.)
  5. Give back to my parents all the love and sacrifice.
  6. To be happily married with Alba (Too cheesy? Hehe)
That's it. Cheers to direction!! Anyway, my twentieth birthday celebration was probably one of the most fun birthdays I've ever celebrated. But then, I told myself the same thing a year ago, so.. The point would be funny (yes, there is such phrase). I spent the morning bumming around the house since I didn't have classes. I meditated and meditated, until I fell asleep.. and dreamed beautiful dreams.. Okay, maybe not. Alba came over and he made me open his birthday present to me infront of my parents. What a bad idea that was!!!! I almost jumped on him out of glee and pure bliss! His birthday present to me was, hands down, one of the best birthday presents I've ever received!! Plus, I know for a fact that he worked really hard for my present. That boy seriously knows the way to my heart. :-) Thinking of it now still makes me smile. And by smile, I meant the biggest no-poise smile!!!

This made me smile heaps!! We have this thing about packaging. Whenever I'd give him a present, it's always properly and beautifully wrapped. :-)

And tadahhh!! A Choco Fuji Instax Mini 7s!! ♥♥♥

So there you have it! Who wouldn't squeel, right? I was so happy, I didn't even realize that I shouted! Haha. My mom even got curious cause I couldn't contain my happiness. When I asked him why he got me a Polaroid camera, he told me that we watched this movie a long time ago, and the one of lead character kept on using her camera, and according to him, I kept on gushing about how awesome it is. Haha. Wow. I can't believe he remembers those things, but apparently, he does! :-) Anyway, afterwards, V and I figured out the manuals, then we headed to Midas Hotel for my birthday dinner with the family.

With my Five years late nerdy twin :-) I love him so much, I force him to let me sleep in his room whenever I'm scared! Hehe, kidding. But seriously. Despite his occasional tantrums, I couldn't ask for a better brother.

This is when the people from Midas surprised me. Hehe. Look at me intently staring at my cake. It's a love affair!! ♥

My birthday cake :-) Hehe. A+ for the presentation!! Too bad we didn't get to finish it. We were all too full from the buffet!

Family photo :-) Hehe, love love love these people to bits. ♥

We abused Alba's birthday gift to me :-) Yay for polaroids!! (And btw, yes. I was just casually wearing a sweater.. Hehe.)

Another polaroid :-) I wanted to show my mom and dad how it works so we had a picture taken using my newest baby love :-)

Mom, Alba, and the birthday girl!! Hehe. I'm so happy my mom totally adores Alba. What's not to adore, anyway?

Look who we bumped into!! My gorgeous friend Chum :-)

With my siblings! Hehe. I love how despite everything, we can still be sweet and mushy to each other. :-)

My boy proudly posing with his birthday gift to me. ♥

And ofcourse, me!! Love love my new toy :-)

You know I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be. My love, my heart is breathing for this. ♥♥

After my birthday dinner, we then headed home. The car trip home was intensely funny and sweet. We were all reminiscing stories from our childhood and telling them to V, while V was holding my hand. I loved it. It was one of those moments when I realized that all I have and treasure in this life is right within my grasp. I was so happy.. No. Happy is an understatement. It was blissful. When we got home, V, my mom, and I had small talks that warmed my heart, then V went home.


If this is what being twenty would always feel like, I'd gladly take it. So cheers to me for being twenty. Cheers to my God for always being amazing to me. Cheers to my mom for giving birth to me, and to my dad for never failing to provide me with my wants and needs. Cheers to siblings who would always have my back. Cheers to my best friend who loves me unconditionally.

And lastly, cheers to life, love, happiness, and being twenty.

No comments: