It's not often that I feel so strong about an advocacy. I'm not going to lie - I was raised up with my parents providing every single thing I need. I am always in my comfort zone, and I never had to experience the real challenge that is out there. It wasn't until I reached my fourth year in high school, when I started to see the world in a different perspective. I am no saint, but I am no devil either. I have a heart that is meant to be compassionate and to love. I celebrated my 17th birthday with the kids of an orphanage my sister and I sponsored through the help of my parents. For some reasons, knowing that I have touched the lives of others makes my heart swell with so much joy and contentment. I thought, back then, I at least made a very tiny impact on the society. Perhaps. Maybe. When I got into college, I became more and more exposed with the world. I started to understand global issues - Issues that kill people, and steal from people. I walk around, and I see people on the floor, begging for his right to live. I see big companies violating labor laws, and stealing even more from the oppressed. I see discrimination, and massacres everywhere. Each passing day, I see the poor become even poorer, and the rich even richer. I see chaos, death, and blindness.
But, no.. As odd as this sounds, I believe in society. I believe in goodness of humanity - And that if one can only see clearly, then it would be the first step to change.
I see the world in a much better condition. I see a just distribution of the the world's resources to the people. I see the youth in classrooms with hope and a thirst for knowledge going through their veins. I see the government serving the people through real democracy. I see nature always more beautiful than ever. I see three meals a day, most especially for the malnourished kids around the world. I see countries building each other, instead of bullying. I see refugees being safe and sheltered. I see a society full of concern and love for one another - Because, let's face it.. If we don't have one another, what do we have?
I see spirit. I see hope. I see dreams. I see change.
No comments:
Post a Comment