Saturday, July 14, 2012

Good morning issues



Today is Sunday. Sundays usually mean Church and family day to me. I woke up with the intention of taking a shower, dressing up, and heading to Church. Well, everything went well according to my routine except one thing.. My dad called me fat. Fat? Big? Humongous? Maybe, he was kidding. After all, he said it with a laughing face.. And I was practically wearing a loose top and sweats. The first initial thought that came into my mind was: Okay. With all honesty, I have never been called fat before, but lately, I've grown to become conscious about my body since I've been hearing it kind of frequent. No. Don't get me wrong. They don't tell it to my face.. well, aside from my Auntie who so kindly (sarcasm) pointed it out in front of basically everyone. People would tell me I gained weight.. At first, I was insulted.. But then, I realized that I was even more insulted with myself when I think about how insulted I felt. Ironic? Doesn't make sense? I don't know.

Honest question: What's wrong with being fat? I know for once that I am not really that fat. I just gained from the usual petite self that I was in High School. I still fit into all of my clothes, and I am very healthy. But, seriously.. is being fat the worst thing that can ever happen to a person? What's so wrong about it? Is looking good into a bikini everything in this world? My answer is: No. No, it's not. I guess, partly, we somehow have the media to blame for this - Their odd projection of being perfect, skinny, and flawless. Is that all there is to life? Being perfect? I'd like to believe not. I have never aspired to be perfect. I am me - flaws and all. And honestly, the day that I will embrace this sick, psychotic thinking of society, would be the day I'll lose respect for myself.

I like having a little weight.

Suck it up, society.

No comments: