I am one lucky girl.
As the door closed that separated me from the outside world to my own far-away world, the pace of my heart's beating went twice as fast as it was before. I was nervous. Heck, nervous is the understatement of the year. As I think of all the worst, humiliating things that could happen, I realized I was pacing around. I stopped, and decided to sit down. As I hit my comfortable position, the phone began to ring. Nervously, I reached out and answered it. Call me crazy, but that was probably one of the most nerve-wrecking phone call I've ever gotten. I stood up, paced back and forth, and realized that I have to go. Nervously, I reached to the door, opened it, and that's where everything started. The random flashes, the instructions, the event organizer.. Everything was just so overwhelming. Every step made my heart beat faster than it did before, and I can seriously feel the blood climbing up to my face. This has never been my kind of thing.
As the door that would connect me to my world begins to open, I uttered a little prayer. Thank you. Thank you so much for the wonderful eighteen years. Thank you so much for giving me a support system as wonderful as I have. Thank you for the beautiful dress, for the amazing shoes, for the shiny accessories. Thank you. Thank you for the glamorous set up, for the people surrounding me. Thank you for blessing me with eighteen wonderful and beautiful years. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Thank you. Thank you for the wonderful songs and performances. Thank you for the kind, sweet, and loving words. Thank you for playing the guitar for me. Thank you for the thoughtfulness. Thank you for putting a smile on my face. Thank you for growing with me, and smiling with me.
To you, my constant and never failing guide, I love you. I could never truly express how thankful and blessed I am to have someone like you as my best friend. You're my sister, my parter-in-crime, my companion. You're always, always, always there.. You never let me doubt myself, and you just bring out the identity in me. Thank you so much. You're a very astonishing and beautiful person, and I love you.
And to you, my baby. You who fought for me in front of 120 special people in my life, you make me beyond speechless. Brave boy, you've constantly taught me that falling in love with you is something that I should never be scared of. You secure me in more ways that you can ever imagine, and I'm just so much blessed to have you in my life. You are beyond wonderful, baby.. You're just the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I just love you with all my heart.
To my always there and ever supporting family, I am nothing with you guys. I hope you know that. Thank you for always picking me up when I'm down. Thank you for always making me feel better. Thank you for just knowing.. and for loving me. My heart is exploding with so much happiness, and I know, I owe this all to you. Thank you. I love you guys so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment