"Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up. I need your loving hands to come and pick me up.."
Most of us think of it as just another.. Another break up song written by a broken hearted guy who doesn't have the nerves to stand up after getting his heart broken. Well, atleast I used to. I never really did understand how you can lose your faith and your hope to life just because your special someone left you. I used to think that someone can NOT be that weak. And that someone CANT possibly rely to another person that much. You see, that song is like the opposite of my personality. To be honest, I don't like being weak. I don't like the feeling of relying to other people that much to the point that, you give them the power to destroy you. I don't like disappointments. But truthfully, who does.. right?
But, all of that changed though. When I received that sms from my sister. I immediately got up from the kitchen (I was eating breakfast, Haha), went to my room, and switched on my iPod. I played the song then, I realized.. the SMS that my sister sent me changed EVERYTHING about that song. I felt like being punched to the stomach while listening to it. I felt like crying my eyes out, and for the first time.. it made me feel like being weak.
You see, it's a song written by a broken hearted guy. I never really thought that something can justify that song. Or the message of that song. I never really thought that the reason for that song can be strong enough for it to pass my judgment. I used to wonder what made that song stand out from the rest. From all those songs that speaks the same words. I used to think that it's just another song, themed as love because.. let's face it, everyone's got something to say about love. About regrets, about sadness, about loss. Heck, even I do. BUT that's not the point. The point is, I used to think that they gave the song such theme because that's what most teenagers listen to this days..
But as I listen to it now, I can't help but shed some tears. Not just for the inspiration of the song (most especially for that though) but, for every single person out there who, at some point in their lives, got affected by the song. You see, it made me see my prejudice towards love. It made me see my wrong judgments and my own shortcomings. I realized that you CANT really see how a person really feels.. from an outsider's view. And that, there's a thing called TRUE to the word love. And now, as I listen to it.. It made me feel pain for the loss, for the regrets, for the pain, for the sadness. Most of all, I feel sorry for the composer and for those people who became the inspiration of this song . Because even though my heart cries out for them, what I feel can NEVER EVER compare to what they feel deep inside.
Do you know the story behind the song "TONIGHT" by FM Static? It was a really sad story, The composer was engaged with his long time girlfriend. As they depart for work, his girlfriend died and was one of the victims of the September 11 incident at Twin towers. He was SO deeply heartbroken and devastated. Thus, he composed that song in honor of his girlfriend.
.. "And every night I miss you, I can just look up and know that stars are holding you tonight."
No comments:
Post a Comment