Tuesday, October 9, 2012

An Appreciation Post

I've been trying to look for connections as to why I feel this way today. Perhaps, it's the aftershock (one week later, might I add) of losing my phone, and finding it again. Maybe, it's the unbelievably bipolar and crazy weather here in the Philippines.. Or maybe, it's the pressure of facing the unknown after college.. If I will even graduate due to all these academic stress I've been feeling lately. I'm confused and tired.. as hell. But amidst all that, you're there. You're always there.

You might find it funny, but I will never forget that day when we were riding this insanely hot car and I was kind of bitching at you, you were sweating so much, and yet, you found it in you to ask me if I'm okay. I'm probably a lot fine as compared to how you looked, but point is, you put me first. You are always there for me.. That time I lost my phone, you didn't even think about it.. you volunteered to help me buy a new phone.  That lowest point in my life when my Nanay left us, you told me that even if you were never as close to her as I was, you still love her cause she loved me, and I to her. That time when you thought you lost me, and you cried so much. That time when my favorite pair of flats got soaked in water, and you made me wear your shoes, then you gladly walked barefoot inside the mall, and dried my shoes. That time during my debut when you felt so bad cause you thought you dishonored my Dad..

You are the greatest partner, ever. No amount of shortcomings nor flaws would ever erase that. As for the connection, I don't know. I guess you are just everywhere.. in my laptop, in my room, in the clothes I wear, in my thoughts, in my heart.

Inspite of everything and because of everything, I love you even more now.

No comments: