Saturday, June 25, 2011

I will be a lawyer.

Hello. It's been a while since we last talked. Quite frankly, I miss it. I know you have your reasons, and I would most probably never tell you in this lifetime, but I miss talking to you. We've both been busy nowadays, and even if I get to be with you for an hour or two once a day, it isn't really much. Remember when I was in middle school, and the rest of the family were in Canada? You would always take me out to random places, and talk to me about absolutely everything that a kid, what I was back then, would understand. I miss it. You taught me how to be persistent and how to earn respect. You never fail to make me so proud with everything you do and with everything you have done. Remember that British dude who told me that I look exactly like you? Well, I know I joked around and told you that you must be flattered, but with all honesty, I am the flattered one. Your confidence in everything is just unnerving, and for that, you have my respect, sir. I know we have our moments. We rarely argue, but we have it. I guess.. somehow letting your little girl grow is something that is hard for you, but you still understand nonetheless. You would always understand. You sometimes have the tendency on making me feel inadequate, but I know you don't mean it that way. I know you see so much in me, that you can't help but dream bigger dreams for me. And believe me when I say this, sir, I will try my best to not let you down. Yeah, remember when you threw me an 18th birthday party? I told you that a few years from now you'll get another scroll that would contain my diploma? Yeah.. That promise still stands. I'm trying my hardest right now. And maybe, right after I graduate college, another diploma will come that would contain my law degree.. Just like yours, sir. I'm working on it, and hoping. You are such an inspiration that I can't help but also want to see myself become like you. Thank you for always driving me to school from day one until now. Thank you for always giving me more than what I could've ever wished for. Thank you for making me listen to the Beatles, the Queen, the Bee Gees, to name a few.. Thank you for always believing in me. Just thank you. I'll try my hardest, dad. And I know, we eventually would reach our dreams. You will always have that one place in my heart. Happiest birthday, dad. I love you.



- - -


No comments: