Today is exactly 21 days after you have stolen the keys to my safe place. I remember sitting with my girls, on our table, being bummed out. Everything was just crazy that night, you know? Crazy in a sad kind of way. It was just then, when things started to sink in between me and my girls. The goodbyes and all, it took a toll on us. Anyway, I remember me and my girls staring into nothing. Every single thing was just a blur. I was lost on my own space until, I heard the microphone in the background, saying that the next song would be the last song for the night. And just like that, my heart dropped. The thought of not seeing everyone again made me feel suffocated. The thought of going out there to the real world scared me. You have no idea. I was lost in my thoughts until I saw you coming to my table. It wasn’t our first dance that night. But seeing you come to my direction made me feel really better inside.
You got my hand, and asked for my friends’ permission if you can dance with me. I stalled, and removed my heels first. Yeah, I’m not the heels kind of girl. We walked towards the dance floor and I remember slow dancing with you. That time, I couldn’t look at you in the eyes. I remember observing our surroundings and making fun of our other batch mates who were, in my opinion, dancing a little too closely. It went like that for us until the middle of the song. I’m not really good with words, and I have absolutely no idea how I’m going to put how I feel towards you to words. Thinking of it now, maybe the reason why I couldn’t look at you in the eyes was because, I was scared of what I’m going to see. You like me, and I you. But, you see, at that time, I knew what I felt towards you, but I was so uncertain of so many things. I’m sorry for ruining that moment for us. As cliche as this may sound, I remember wishing for the song to not end, but eventually, it did too. I didn’t want to let go, at that time. Even if everyone was evacuating the dance floor already. But, I did. I remember still staying on our spot, when you told me to get something from your left pocket. It was funny because, everything was still a bit hazy for me. Yeah, I don’t pick up fast. Anyway, I finally found the left pocket of your suit and I got a letter. I remember you asking me if I wanted you to read it for me. Well, What can a girl say to that, really? So, while the class videos were playing, while everyone was being sentimental, you got me to leave the ballroom hall with you. We stayed outside on this indoor balcony they have, and with that, you started reading the letter. And, again, as cliche as this may sound, everything started making sense.
So, here I am.. 21 days after. Just to let you know, I remember every single thing that night. I know I’m not the “wear my heart on my sleeve” kind of girl, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t feel it inside. I miss you.
And oh, your letter? you have no idea..
And oh, your letter? you have no idea..
No comments:
Post a Comment