"Hi."
With just one mere syllable, you managed to turn my day around once again. I wonder if you see what I see. I wonder if you see those times I would snuggle up to your arms watching movies while we childishly play with the popcorn, or those times in between classes when you would sneak up to my room and steal a kiss or two. You said those things were the best part of our relationship, but I marvel if you ever think about those spontaneous hours that would leave me under your blanket -- always, always, always wanting for more, as the hours stretched into days. As your smile, now reserved and self-contained, fixed on mine, I am at a loss. Perhaps, I deserved this. Perhaps, asking you to still smile at me despite our horrendous separation is too much. Perhaps, I'm still stuck in a point of time when you would suddenly cover my eyes, hug me from behind, and rub your cheek on mine.
I look at you now, and I see the person you've become. Cold to me, but a little more warmer to the world. Now that you're not in my arms anymore, you are everywhere. Sadly, that includes my thoughts and my dreams. I wish I could say that I've always known you'd be this great. I wish I could pronounce with utter conviction that I have always believed in you, but that would just be another blasphemy. I've always ignored your little quirks. They drove me crazy, and eventually became an addend to the sums of reasons as to why we should break up.
It's funny how I wanted this, how I asked for it. Funny in an acidic kind of way that I have to lose you for me to appreciate you. Do you even still think about me? Those times when we're both so busy studying, and you'd just suddenly kiss me on the forehead? Those times when you would just randomly message me in the middle of the night about how much you're in love with me? Do you still think about those moments when we would drive ourselves to nowhere as we wait for the dawn of a new day? Do you still remember those times when you smiled at me a little more warmer?
I look at you now, and I'm left with nothing else to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment