Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A short letter


Dear you.

Sometimes, God has a damn funny way of showing His love for us.

It was just a usual day when I got a text that changes almost everything. You see, in our relationship, you have always been the bigger man. You stand tall everyday despite all my petty whims and demands. You would always put your pride aside - No, scratch that. When it comes to me, you have no pride at all. You love me unselfishly with no ifs and no buts. While I, on the other hand, am full of insecurities, anger, envy.

And now, you're calling me your beauty queen.

I loathe you so much, you make me cry. It's so usual for me to only feel extremely much for you whenever you are at your lowest. I'm terrible - I know. I'm sorry. You don't deserve this, baby. You don't deserve all these things happening around you. I wish, once and for all, I can show you how much I love you. I wish I can be the one taking the hits, and not you. I wish you would still have the chance to achieve your dreams. But even so, you'd be amazing in everything else. You speak words, full of sense and intelligence. You interpret things with a unique dab of perspective.. And for the lack of better words, you are amazing.

On behalf of this sad world we live in, I'm so sorry. In the same way that I'm terribly sorry for constantly taking you for granted.

I may not always show you, but I assure you, at times like this.. You will always have me.

Love always,
Your legit beauty queen.

No comments: