Before the flight, the family and I headed to have a rushed breakfast in Jollibee inside the airport. Afterwards, we headed inside the terminal, roamed around then eventually decided to just sit down and wait for our flight. While waiting, I played minesweeper (a game I'm starting to be really amazing at, heehee) with my little brother while talking to V on the phone. After a few minutes, our flight number and boarding departure gate was announced over the PA system, goodbyes were said and then, off we went to Thailand. ☼
Our first day in Thailand was extremely spontaneous. After checking in at Baiyoke Hotel, the travel agency booked us a dinner cruise near the Ayutthaya river. After checking in the cruise ship, beside the river, with those really pretty but extremely sungit (or maybe they just don't understand english well..) attendants, we had to wait for approximately 15 minutes before boarding the ship, so we decided to roam around the River City mall first. The mall, itself, was purely for tourists. From the first to the top floor, they have a wide-range of tourist-y stuff such as big Buddhas, elephant carvings, stingray (a kind of fish) products and many more. Things there were really overpriced though, compared to the price you pay for those things in the street market. But, nevertheless, the mall was also quite an experience! :-)
After roaming around the River City mall, we assembled, together with the other co-cruise passengers (from different nation too, lol), infront of the river while watching the big ship park on its dock (!!!!). After some time, we were then guided to our table which was on the middle of the ship, and right infront of the buffet line up (heehee). While waiting for the ship to be filled, the perfomers just suddenly grabbed me out of nowhere, and started to trump their trumpet (I can't even, okay?). It was such a very awkward moment, but a memorable one at that. When the ship was loaded, my family and I, having the privilege of being placed infront of the buffet line up, made our way into the food. :D I was quite excited, because it was actually my first time to dine on a ship internationally, and I wasn't disappointed. Not. At. All. I had the time of my life. Aside from the fact that the food was superb, the Thailand view at night just simply rendered me speechless. The Ayutthaya cruise is definitely something I will try again!! (.. and hopefully, with my boy, too!) :-)
Day two was just as remarkable as day one. We all woke up early to dine on the rooftop of our hotel which is located on the 43rd floor. Can I just say how amazing the view is? :D We actually got to watch the sunshine rise! :-) :-) :-) The food line up was American this time and actually less of spicy, Thai food. After having our breakfast, our tour guide fetched us and brought us to one of the most famous temple in Thailand, Wat Pho or the Reclining Buddha Temple. The temple actually gave me chills. The Reclining Buddha was really, actually reclining.. and the main temple itself is just so beautiful with its vintage patterns that tells the story of the Thailand culture. Afterwards, we were toured around the place and saw different kinds of Buddhas, artifcats, "Cheddis" (home of the dead royalty), carvings, monks (I just have to. Monks vary from kids to old people. Also, I learned that ladies are not allowed to touch monks after they meditate. :O) and many more. I never actually thought I'd be interested in knowing about other religion, but I had so much fun just being there and observing the temple.
After the temple visit, we were brought to a different hotel for another round of legit Thai buffet lunch that left me wondering.. what is it with Thais and their fascination to extremely spicy food? Honestly. I can't even. Anyway, after the lunch, we asked the tour guide to drop us off the Platinum mall. And, we shopped our hearts away! :-) I'm a happy, happy girl. :D
Day 3 was tremendously a rollercoaster day. It started of as us waking up so early again to have breakfast inorder for us to catch another cruise. But then, it turned out that the hotel wasn't able to confirm our space, so we had to move it to the next day. Me, my sister, and my mom went shopping again for a while while waiting for the guide to pick us up. We had a quick lunch in the sidewalk (Our favorite place in Thailand. Ever. Because they don't put too much spice on the food, lol) then was picked up by the driver. The Elephant park is so charming! I swear. I loved seeing those elephants, especially the small ones! :D They are just too cute for my life! :D I got the opportunity to feed them, and I tell you, it was the cutest experience ever. They made me so happy. Heehee :-) We also watched a magic show, an elephant show and a crocodile show (where in the host placed his head and his hand inside the crocodile's mouth.. I still think the crocodiles were fake? :-/). The Elephant park is just too much for my life. I tell you!!! :-) A place where I'd gladly go back again! :D
Afterwards, the Elephant show, we were brought, yet again, to another Jewelry store then, went another round of shopping in Platinum. :D All smiles! :) :) :)
On the next and the last day, we sent ourselves off a whole day Ayutthaya cruise. On the way, we had a stop in the King's Palace. It is, according to them, the palace that the Royal family uses during the Summer. It was a visit of pure effort and walking! But, it was all worth it, nonetheless. It amazed me how the queen, princes and princesses actually have one house built for each person. The houses were really simple though. Simple, but extremely elegant and pretty to look at. The houses were on a circled path, circling the main palace, which is for the king. There is also a lighthouse near the palace that is used for security purposes.
After the King's palace was the Ruins. It was a temple long time ago, that was destroyed by the Burmese invaders. Most of the heads of the Buddhas were stolen, and what's actually left on the structure were broken and random walls. And, the ironic thing is, that's what actually made the ancient Ruins beautiful to me. :-) After the trip to the ruins, we then headed to the dock of the cruise, then we went off to the final and the ending of our stay in Thailand! :-)
After the cruise, we asked the driver to drop us off the Platinum mall, for a last minute rushed shopping, then we headed back to the hotel, and did some last minute shopping again in the market, then we headed to the airport. :-)
Honestly, if you're looking for a place rich in culture and history, Thailand is the place to be! Not to mention their amazing tourist attractions such as the temples, the market, the floating market, the themepark, the elephant shows and many more! Not to mention the market and the malls. Thailand is indeed the center of shopping centers, Heehee. :-) It's just the place to be. What more can I say.
Goodbye. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment