Friday, January 23, 2009

Make it right.

And I almost had you. But I guess that doesn't cut it. Almost had you and I didn't even know it.
- Almost by Bowling for soup.

Regrets. Everyone has one. Everyone has a tiny little secret, protected and kept safe. If I say that my name is regret, would you believe me? It is. Or at the very least, it used to. It used to be my identity. I breathe regret. Every waking moment of my life is made out of blaming someone. The moment I enter a room, You'd think I'm a decent, good girl but the truth is, I'm a rebel. A chaos waiting to happen. Yes, I used to feel that way.

Until one day, I grew tired of it and sucked every pain up. Yes, It hurted. I remember isolating myself from my family, from my friends. I remember asking everyone I know to let me be for awhile. I remember swallowing my sobs at night, stopping forcing-ly myself from going back to my old "blame-someone else" sickness. It's like bulimia, only it's much more worst. It's a soul eating - "watching-yourself-die" feeling. I remember trying to escape, questioning my sanity.. until one day, everything's just a little too much.

If there's something I learned about regrets, It's about swallowing every pride you have up and opening to another person. Yes, it sucks that how they view you as a person might change but always remember that it's how you view yourself as a person that's important. It's you who looks yourself at the mirror everyday, not them. It's you who deals with your soul. So, if there's a this thing I can share with based on my experience, it's that don't let your regrets eat your life. Cause one little mistake, isn't that much compared to your soul.

Deal with it, and move on. God created us a world for a reason. He gave us a room for mistakes by giving us people to deal with. He made it possible for us to grow more. Remember, Every time we wander on that big battle field we call life, all we really have is our soul.

No comments: